becky_kingdon

Sulking Room pink or Vardo for lounge?

Becky
3 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

I'm overthinking this so need some input I think!

I have a 1930s house with south-facing lounge which is semi-open plan with the kitchen. It has a large bay window and is bright.

I don't particularly like the carpet (beige) or sofa (beige) but they're staying for the time being.

I fell in love with Sulking Room pink when I saw it online, but then also got a tester for Vardo as it caught my eye, and now can't choose between the two very different colours!

I'm planning to plaster and tile the empty fireplace (I don't want to put a log burner or anything in), and potentially put up a surround. I'm also going to move the curtains into the bay window and will change them as needed (they're too short at the moment as we moved in recently!)

Could I get some opinions on pink vs turquoise and whether I should do the whole room, or limit it to the alcoves and chimney breast?

Thanks in advance!

------------------

FYI:

This is how I would like to tile the fireplace

FINAL EDIT:

Finished room :)

Comments (31)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.