webuser_443266822

Side and Basement Extension - Planning Fees

Elnaz S Nobari
2 years ago

Hi All - I've purchased a fixer upper which I intend to do a side and basement extension in. I have asked a builder and architectural consultant on side - who charged 250 gbp for viewing. Not sure if that was normal but they have now came back with an estimate for the following tasks needed for planning and permission stages, how much would be normal market value for this? am not including their proposal - not to be smart - but to encourage unbiased numbers.

The property is in Lots Village conservation area

As discussed we can only give the price of the planning stage but can give you the indication of the consultants and services required for the other stages.

• Planning Stage
  • Discharge of Conditions
  • Building regs & tender package)
  • Construction Stage

1. Planning Stage: To apply for rear infill extension, light well to the rear and front including basement with habitable use. Proposal will include the indicative design proposal as you prefer to keep this to the minimum as you guys will work on the internal layout at later stages.

In Planning Stage the following document/drawings:

• Existing Survey.
  • Existing Drawings
  • Proposed drawings.
  • Coordination with other consultants
  • Design & Access Statement.
  • Planning Statement.
  • Submission to the council and coordination
  • Coordination with the structural engineer and possible builders to do the trial pits for CMS requirement.

We also required few consultants at this stage as listed below:

• Transport consultant
  • FRA (Flood Risk Assessment)
  • Construction Method statement (CMS - Which requires structural engineer)
  • Tree survey (if required)
  • Heritage Statement
0-2500 GBP
2500-5000GBP
5000-7500 GBP
7500-10000 GBP

Comments (3)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.