webuser_950818645

Kitchen cabinet fronts MDF vs construction grade plywood??

Sarah Curry
last year
last modified: last year

I am designing my kitchen and was originally going to go with IKEA carcasses and get fronts from a PLYKEA-esque place- plywood with an oak veneer for the lower cabinets and the island and white for the uppers. (See pic as my jumping off point) On a whim I went to a kitchen place nearby- they do MDF carcasses (I'm assuming they couldn't be far off from IKEA) as well as MDF cabinet fronts with the oak veneer. Is one really better than the other (MDF vs construction grade plywood) or should I go with the cheapest I find?

For context, I would like quartz countertops. I don't know if that really makes a difference as I THINK Ikea (and thus, MDF) holds those up just fine. Also, neither plywood nor MDF veneer options are foil, but are actual oak.

THANK YOU!

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.