alenka_kirkham

Positive stories from big projects

Alenka Kirkham
11 months ago

We have been going through some tough times over the last 9 months.

steels put in the wrong place meaning one opening is 180 and one 201cm on eother side of the woodburner. This means the lights dont line up

all windows in the wrong positions, upstairs and downstairs

playroom window is mean to have identical shelving units wirh window bench in the middle. we have 79cm wall on the left and 101cm on the right.

some positive stories would be much appreciated.

flush plaster with tiles is far from beibg flush. toiley not in tge middle of the wall. This has been retiled and toilet fixed.

pillars for the woodburner are not in the same line and build more diagonally.

a very expensive kitchen has been scratched and dented by builders, electricians and quartz people.

Cabinet under the sink was custom-made to fit 220mm butler sink. this came 222mm so it was too high for the quartz.

the quartz around sink is floating and not supported and so of anyone sits on it it will snap, we have two joints behind sink.

Today arrived the second sink both have really bad imperfections at the edge at the bottom.

sink should be 595mm but is only 570 at the bottom and so there is a huge gab now.

my husband just told me thst the buikdets broke the garage door. They also damaged the freezer door (they did pay for a new door), dented the dishwasher.

Are we just really unlucky or is it the same for everyone?

Positive stories are much appreciated.

Comments (8)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.