alenka_kirkham

Kitchen respray vs hand painted kitchen

Alenka Kirkham
10 months ago
last modified: 10 months ago

To keep it short and sweet, we have our dream kitchen installed. It has been a total nightmare with sinks not fitting in, quartz needing adjusting because it rests on the butler sink. Downdraft not fitting.
The biggest problem is that the dark Green paint just scratches easily and comes off.We have about 200 scratches.
We have been offered two solutions.

1. Have the kitchen primed and hand painted in any colour of our choice by a professional. I would still go with dark Green but maybe more Green than grey green.

2. Having the entire kitchen taken apart, that means quartz would need to come down, electric hob and down draft taken out and all part to be flown to NI to have it resprayed.

Our kitchen is a shaker style kitchen made of HDF with smooth finish. I worry if we have it hand painted, it will not look good.
Also I was reading that painted kitchen are more likely to chip and scratch.
If we go with option two, it will be a total mess and I think the kitchen company worry how much it will all cost. Removal of the quartz, doing electrics for the appliances again, putting the kitchen back together.
Any advice would be much appreciated.

Comments (3)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.