stella_chatzianagnostou

Glass room or conservatory?

Good afternoon,
I would like to add some extra room at the back of our house and have been thinking about adding a conservatory or a glass room. An extension is out of the conversation as we can’t afford it. Also we have replaced our kitchen very recently and have added other extensions as well and we don’t want to go there again. As you can tell it’s a pretty grim space atm with very limited light. It’s also very cold and windy. Hence we are thinking of sth with a glazed roof to allow for maximum light o come into the house as well. One option we are considering is a modern glass room, which however will be a single glazed structure, not really an extra room but sth we could possibly use in warmer months. The other option would be a glazed conservatory with bifolds.
None of them comes really cheap though, even the glass room can easily cost us £20k and it would still be a covered patio at the end of the day. On the other hand conservatories are not very likeable anymore. We would like to ask for opinions over what would be the best value for money as an investment to our house, as we really haven’t got money to throw away. Thanks in advance for your time and help.

Comments (42)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.