cambella

Ventilation vs insulation

cambella
last month
last modified: last month

Hi there - I am turning an old swimming pool into a shed. The room is about 45' x 20'.

Before I put on an opaque roof I thought I'd

1) try repairing the existing roof ( twin wall polycarbonate sheeting, see photos) where it's letting water in and then add some vents at either end of the room to help with condensation/damp/humidity.

2) I had thought that putting on a 40mm composite roof might just solve the damp problem instantly but I think in any case I'd need vents (is this correct?).

3) I was literally going to whack 3 of those window vents in (you know, with the pull strings and windmill opening) but would welcome any advice to the contrary.

4) Also should they be high or low on the windows? Corners or centre of the wall?

5) Am I right in thinking ventilation is better than insulation especially as they are just breeze block walls (and no point doing the roof if I am not doing the walls?).

I just want it to be a DRY space for storage, workshop, games etc. Many thanks in advance.

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.