amali_valan

Underfloor heating dilemma

A V
14 days ago

We are renovating our kitchen dining area, so new floor, kitchen etc. Wondering whether we should do UFH while we are at it.

Is underfloor heating worth it?

Kitchen has got suspended floor while dining has concrete floor.

One company wants to fill up void under suspended floor with rubble, then insultation and screed and then ufh boards. He also wants to shave off about 150-200mm off the adjacent concrete floor in dining area and then insulate etc to bring it to level with kitchen. This seems to be a huge overhaul and expensive

Other couple of companies just want to remove existing floor, lay some low profile 20mm mats with grooves for pipes in both kitchen and dining area, ready for engineered wood. No screed or anything. They say the grooved mat itself doubles up as the insulation also. This seems too simple and makes me wonder if it will be efficient.

What was the process for your UFH and how is it working so far? Please Share. Thank you.

Comments (5)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.