carol_quigley20

Floortrim and threshold question

Carol Quigley
25 days ago
last modified: 25 days ago

Hi,
I recently got new flooring laid, laminate in upstairs landing and lVT in hallway, new skirting was fitted over the flooring and a decent job was done, overall I'm very pleased with the job.
However I'm not happy with the way some of the brass trims were finished (see photo of where the brass trims meet door frame, saddle? It doesn't look right. Just wondering what can be put over that to hide the untidy join? is there some sort of flexible colour matching plinthy thing that could be placed on top of it to hide it?
Also the other picture of my hallway threshold into living room and existing saddle which is quite deep slightly over and inch, just wondering if you have any suggestions on how to tidy this up?
Options I'm considering are:
1 Edging / nosing
2 Asking if floor fitter can remove top part of the saddle by cutting around the door frame so as not to leave a gap ...
Hope to hear from some of you soon.
Thanks in advance for any help forthcoming :)
Caz

Comments (2)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.