webuser_102263618

Inserting a bathroom downstairs and adding a separate toilet

HU-102263618
22 days ago

Hi all

Thanks in advance for any guidance here.

I am thinking of making an offer to buy a particular property, but I need to convert a portion of the downstairs into a living space with its own bathroom. I attach the floorplan as it stands now. I would like to separate the two rooms on the right from the rest of the house (Lounge/Diner and Conservatory), but I need to provide access to a bathroom with a shower. I would like to try and keep the front room as large as possible. There is external side access down the right hand side but it is just a narrow passage.

One idea I have is to extend the downstairs toilet into the front right-hand room a little in order to add the shower or perhaps into the hallway where the cupboard is. I would then need to create a second downstairs toilet for use in the rest of the house—perhaps on the other side of the hallway? Or could it be added externally in that corner between the kitchen and the family lounge?

My questions are - is this feasible or is there a better solution? And is okay to have the shower room what is effectively the centre of the house so long as there is an extractor fan?

Plus any other advice that I may have not thought of.

Thank you so much! I really love this property but I can't proceed until I know what is feasible.

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.