marion_sense

Peeling paint after applying primer

Marion Sense
18 days ago

We started renovating our 1999 house that we bought last year. We decided to apply a paint primer (Dulux walls white primer and undercoat) before painting to ensure a nice uniform finish. However, after application the paint started bubbling in one small area where there was a little crack we’d missed to repair and we realised the paint was peeling off! When we started pulling we were able to peel large areas of paint as if it was wallpaper! It seems that all coats of paint are coming off, down to the bare plaster underneath… We know we have to continue peeling now until there’s no more paint and then prime the walls again and apply our top coat. We’re wondering what could have happened though… is it something we did or something that was done by the previous owners?

Comments (6)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.