webuser_768402840

Attic Insulation advise, please

HU-768402840
last year

Hi Everyone,

I hope all is well. Just tying up the last few ends, before I move in.

The attic was one last hurdle, it was full of rat poo and dirt. Which I cleaned out, one of the dirtiest jobs I ever did. I scratched myself for days after!

Now it looks fairly clean and bare after I got rid of that itchy fibreglass insulation

Tried to look for replacement insulation and the best I have come across is sheep wool but it's too expensive at roughly 2 grand! I don't want to even think of touching that itchy fibreglass material. Some material I have seen is advertised as non-itchy but has come from garbage dumps/recycling yards. So not impressed

The total area of the attic is 56 m2 and the interjoist space is around 45 cm on an average

Could someone please recommend some insulation?

Please see pics enclosed within

KR

Mel

ps-- I have already hoovered the

attic but there's still some plaster and dust around. Does it have to be as clean as a whistle?

Comments (12)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.