returntowellnesscoach

Is it possible to just repair split risers and treads on stairs?

Barbara B
last month

Hello. Our stairs have 2 risers and 5 treads that are split and 2 other treads with issues (the stairs took a beating during a house refurb). Examples of the issues are in the pics below. We have had two quotes where they stated they can make repairs but could not be guaranteed they would hold over time. The ccompanies said it looks like repairs had been made on the underside of the staircase in the past. They also quoted to replace the whole staircase which they thought would be better to do. Other than these treads and risers, the stairs are fine and it seems a waste to have to replace the whole thing. Also, the electrics are now located under the stairs which makes replacing the staircase more challenging.

So, is it possible to just repair split risers and treads on stairs rather than replace the whole staircase?

Thank you in advance. 🙂

Barbara

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.