nick_k16

(Side return) extension inspo

Nick K
13 days ago
last modified: 13 days ago

We've a fairly small ground floor flat of a mid-terraced Victorian 2 floor property (the floor above is another flat) with a garden.
We'd like to explore options wrt to subsuming the side return.
Research leads me to believe this could cost around £60k.
My first question is - assuming we don't get ripped-off and the extension goes to plan, is it fair to bet that we wouldn't lose money on the final sale price? I.e. extending in such a way would likely allow us to add the cost of the development to the sale price (if/when we ever did), at least?
Second question - given the attached floorplan, what how would you configure things when extending?
For me, there are two obvious options:
Option 1) Keep the layout as-is and just extend the rooms that are already adjacent to the side return (bathroom, second bedroom and master bedroom), or;
Option 2) Flip reverse - master bedroom swaps with the living room, allowing the main living spaces (kitchen and living room) to 1) access the garden and 2) take adventage of the extension.
Neither sound particularly game-changing, but it could make things more comfortable and possibly even add value (?).
Thanks for your opinions in advance!

Comments (12)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.