webuser_31336953452

Our kitchen/dining/living space quandry

Gareth Ball
13 days ago

We're in the early stages of re-configuring the rear of our house. We'd like to make it an open-plan area, to include kitchen, dining area, and living space from which to enjoy the garden (some large windows/doors to the rear with seating). We've instructed an architect who has come up with some initial plans for discussion, which are great but we're probably more undecided now than we were before! We originally thought we could manage without the need for extending out to the rear but the architect has given us some options that also include extending, and now we're not sure if it's going to be a little snug if we don't extend. I'd hate to get everything done and then wished we'd gone for the extension option!

A few notes to the existing layout:

• The double doors between dining and living can be blocked up
  • We don't need a shower downstairs - this room potentially to become a study but we still need a small WC somewhere
  • There is enough depth to the drains to have the kitchen on the opposite side

Existing floorplan:

Boundary plan:

Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Comments (11)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.